Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 is the industry standard vector-drawing environment for designing across media. Express your creative vision with shapes, color, effects, and typography. Work with speed and stability on large, complex files, and move designs efficiently among Adobe’s creative applications.
Version 21.0.0 (2017):
- Create pixel-perfect artwork - Draw paths and shapes that seamlessly align to the pixel grid. Align existing artwork with a single click or by using simple transformations. Preserve Live Shapes and rounded corners, maintain alignment when scaling and rotating objects, and manually nudge segments and end points into perfect alignment.
- Find fonts faster - Mark individual fonts as favorites to quickly find the one you need. Filter your list to see fonts you've recently used, find other fonts that are similar to one you like, or find fonts based on classifications like serif or handwritten.
- Work easier with glyphs - Use alternate glyphs for any character by simply selecting the character and choosing from an in-context menu. View and insert your most recently used glyphs, and sort glyphs for faster browsing.
- Get started faster - Jumpstart design projects with easy access to presets as well as free Adobe Stock templates that you can access right from File > New.
- Stock templates and search - Adobe Stock marketplace includes new design templates and now you can drag and drop Stock search results from your Library panel right into your canvas and start using them right away. Plus, you can right-click on a stock image to do a visual search for similar images.
- New Creative Cloud Libraries capabilities - Libraries in Illustrator now support Adobe Stock templates. Plus, Send Link has been updated so you can now share read-only access to a public library. When you follow a library, it appears in your Library panel and updates automatically.
- Creative Cloud Assets improvements - Archive and restore all your assets stored in Creative Cloud, including the ones in your Creative Cloud Libraries, assets created with CC desktop products, and mobile projects.
- Introducing Typekit Marketplace - Now you can buy fonts from some of the industry's biggest names and use them in your Illustrator projects. Typekit uses its font sync and web technologies to deliver your Marketplace fonts anywhere you need them.
- Font and text enhancements - See a live preview by hovering over the font list with selected text, place loaded text inside a container, or fill a container with placeholder text to better visualize your designs. Easily work with type objects that have a common font family but different styles, and vice-versa.
- Zoom to selection - View and edit faster now that you can zoom into anything you’ve selected - an active point, a segment, a path, or an object.
- Modern user experience - A flat UI and new icons for tools and panels offer a cleaner look and help you focus on your artwork
- And so much more - Also included: Ability to archive, restore, and see version history for all your assets stored in your Creative Cloud Libraries, assets created with CC desktop products, and mobile projects.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor