Adobe Audition CC 2018 empowers you to create and deliver beautiful audio using more connected tools and dozens of new features, including Sound Remover, which can eliminate unwanted sounds from an entire file just by analyzing a small selection. Adobe Audition CC gives you access to new features as soon as they’re released and is integrated with other Adobe video tools for smooth start-to-finish audio and video production. Your entire creative world, together in one place. Only in Creative Cloud.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.11 or later.
- While working on a project, automatically generate a volume envelope to duck music behind dialogue, sound effects, or any other audio clip using the Ducking parameter in the Essential Sound panel. This feature simplifies the steps taken to achieve professional-sounding audio mixes.
Multitrack clip improvements:
- When recording punch-ins or layering sounds, clip Z-order is now maintained when selecting stacked clips so that smaller clips don’t get lost behind longer ones. Commands in the clip content menu make it easy to move clips to the front or back, and preferences allow users to customize the behavior. More improvements allow for symmetrical clip fades, or adjusting fade curves or duration independently.
Support for Mackie HUI capable devices:
- This release of Audition includes support for the Mackie HUI control surface protocol. To control your mix, transport, and automation in Audition, use HUI emulation mode with almost all modern control surfaces.
- A new, modern version of the classic, but discontinued Premiere Pro Dynamics audio effect has been introduced to Audition and Premiere Pro. This simple, yet powerful plugin offers a compressor, expander, limiter, and noise gate in one easy-to-use tool.
- This release of Audition let you view session and media timecode overlays in the Video panel. You can also lock your video output to your external display. Audition also introduces performance improvements to multitrack, enabling less interruption to playback while editing, and mixdowns up to 400% faster than the previous versions.
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor