The new, more connected After Effects CC 2017 can make the impossible possible. Get powerful new features like a Live 3D Pipeline that brings CINEMA 4D scenes in as layers – without intermediate rendering. Share work directly from within the application and get access to new features the moment they’re released. Your entire creative world, together in one place.
After Effects CC is part of Creative Cloud. That means you have access to all the latest updates and future releases the moment they’re available. Sharpen your skills and master new tools with a rich library of training videos. And Creative Cloud is integrated with Behance, so you can share your projects and get immediate feedback from creatives around the world.
Version 14.2 (2017):
- Adobe Media Encoder and Premiere Pro again render compositions at full resolution, regardless of the resolution set in the Composition panel in After Effects. (When using the Queue In AME command, the resolution you specify in the Render Settings dialog will be used.)
- JPEG image sequence footage no longer changes its frame rate and duration when the project is saved, if the frame rate assigned in the Interpret Footage dialog differs from the preference for sequence footage frame rate. Note: JPEG sequences in projects last saved by versions 14.0 or 14.0.1 are not automatically corrected to their previous frame rate. To fix such projects, change the frame rate to the expected value in the Interpret Footage dialog for these JPEG sequences.
- After Effects no longer crashes when you open the preferences if the audio device last used by After Effects was disabled or disconnected.
- Auto-save timing has been fixed so that the timer only starts after you make a change to a saved (or new) project. This prevents problems where the timer would run while the project was saved but not changed, resulting in auto-save occurring after you make the next change.
- After Effects no longer disables the Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels option on Windows when you unlock the computer while After Effects is active. (You should no longer receive the warning, "Hardware-accelerated views have been disabled because they are not compatible with Remote Desktop", unless you are actually using Remote Desktop.)
- Text templates that use sourceRectAtTime() in an expression now update the comp correctly when the text is changed in Premiere Pro.
- Text templates that use expressions to reference other layers now update the comp correctly when the text is changed in Premiere Pro.
- Text templates no longer display layers as offline in Premiere Pro if the source file for that layer uses non-English Unicode characters.
- When you select a template project in Preferences > New Project, the file dialog box allows you to select all project format types (.aet, .aep, and .aepx) without changing the format type selector.
- Creating a new project from a template, when enabled in Preferences > New Project, no longer adds the project template to the File > Open Recent menu.
- Orthographic views of compositions using the CINEMA 4D renderer are no longer offset and shifted from layer handles.
- Previews with the Skip option enabled (i.e., not zero) in the Preview panel no longer play at less than real-time when you play through previously cached frames.
- Composition and layer viewer panels no longer downsample the preview image if you make a change during playback and the composition Fast Preview option is set to Adaptive Resolution.
- After Effects no longer crashes when you quit on a Mac computer with an Intel GPU, after you import video footage or JPEG images.
- After Effects no longer sometimes crashes when you quit while a preview is playing back.
- After Effects no longer crashes on start when trying to load a plug-in from a folder with a very long name.
- After Effects no longer crashes if you apply the Glow effect to a synthetic layer (e.g., solid, shape, text, etc.) and the layer is outside of the comp bounds, if the project is set to use GPU acceleration and is in 8- or 16-bpc mode.
Improvements to Team Projects (Beta)
- Team projects can now be saved as a local project (.aep) by choosing Edit > Team Projects > Convert Team Project to Project.
- The Edit > Edit in Adobe Audition command is now available for layers with audio in a team project.
- Many bugs with team projects have been fixed.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor