Acorn is a new image editor built with one goal in mind – simplicity. Fast, easy, and fluid, Acorn provides the options you’ll need without any overhead. Acorn feels right, and won’t drain your bank account.
- Take screenshots using Acorn and edit them right away.
- Chain together image filters to create stunning effects.
- Layer based image editing, an industry standard.
- Make new images and layers using your built-in iSight.
- Easy image and canvas resizing, just by changing the size of your window.
- Take advantage of every pixel of your monitor with full screen image editing.
- Tablet sensitive for pressure strokes and using the tablet’s eraser.
- Vector shape and text layers.
- Freeform, elliptical, rectangular, and magic wand selections.
- Create and apply custom text styles.
- Control opacity and blending modes for each layer.
- Write plugins using the Python scripting language, as well as in Objective-C.
- GPU powered. The same graphics card that makes your gaming experience smooth, helps Acorn fly through the toughest of graphics operations.
- Fixed a bug where duplicated documents wouldn't get the correct bit-depth set
- Fixed a bug where selected text could show up in web export
- Fixed a crasher when importing a RAW image in full-screen mode
- Fixed a bug where RAW images sent to Acorn via Photo's "Edit in Acorn" were not being saved back correctly (Note: if you are on the App Store version of Acorn, you will not get the RAW import window because of Sandboxing restrictions)
- Fixed a bug where an image would snap to the grid even though it was specifically turned off for that image
- Fixed a bug where the TGA format wasn't always availabe for export
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't clear the selection while a group layer was active
- Fixed a bug where the Alpha Multiply filter wasn't being saved in the presets correctly
- Fixed a crasher when using the Dither filter in combination with a gradient filter
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor