Acorn is a new image editor built with one goal in mind – simplicity. Fast, easy, and fluid, Acorn provides the options you’ll need without any overhead. Acorn feels right, and won’t drain your bank account.
- Take screenshots using Acorn and edit them right away.
- Chain together image filters to create stunning effects.
- Layer based image editing, an industry standard.
- Make new images and layers using your built-in iSight.
- Easy image and canvas resizing, just by changing the size of your window.
- Take advantage of every pixel of your monitor with full screen image editing.
- Tablet sensitive for pressure strokes and using the tablet’s eraser.
- Vector shape and text layers.
- Freeform, elliptical, rectangular, and magic wand selections.
- Create and apply custom text styles.
- Control opacity and blending modes for each layer.
- Write plugins using the Python scripting language, as well as in Objective-C.
- GPU powered. The same graphics card that makes your gaming experience smooth, helps Acorn fly through the toughest of graphics operations.
- Fixed a problem where you couldn't duplicate a layer with the Spacing option "Arrange Shapes in a Circle" set to it's initial value of 0.
- Fixed a problem where the sRGB profile for PNG images were being removed on web export when you had the "Embed profile" option turned on.
- Improved performance when drawing fast lines in Acorn with a tablet. We did this by turning on coalescing on by default. If for some reason you'd like the previous behavior, you can turn it off by pasting the following in Terminal:
defaults write com.flyingmeat.Acorn5 coalesceBrush 0
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor