Acorn is a new image editor built with one goal in mind – simplicity. Fast, easy, and fluid, Acorn provides the options you’ll need without any overhead. Acorn feels right, and won’t drain your bank account.
- Take screenshots using Acorn and edit them right away.
- Chain together image filters to create stunning effects.
- Layer based image editing, an industry standard.
- Make new images and layers using your built-in iSight.
- Easy image and canvas resizing, just by changing the size of your window.
- Take advantage of every pixel of your monitor with full screen image editing.
- Tablet sensitive for pressure strokes and using the tablet’s eraser.
- Vector shape and text layers.
- Freeform, elliptical, rectangular, and magic wand selections.
- Create and apply custom text styles.
- Control opacity and blending modes for each layer.
- Write plugins using the Python scripting language, as well as in Objective-C.
- GPU powered. The same graphics card that makes your gaming experience smooth, helps Acorn fly through the toughest of graphics operations.
- Acorn will now remove the alpha channel from PNG files if it detects there is no transparency in your image.
- Smart Layer Export now has support for @3x images.
- The pencil tool is a bit more accurate.
- Fixed a bug where merging two layers where the top one had a blend mode of destination out would cause weird clipping.
- Minor speed fix when editing in full screen on OS X 10.10.
- Other minor OS X 10.10 Yosemite fixes.
- Fixed a bug where the New View window wouldn't update correctly when moving shapes on a canvas with the arrow key.
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor