Acorn is a new image editor built with one goal in mind – simplicity. Fast, easy, and fluid, Acorn provides the options you’ll need without any overhead. Acorn feels right, and won’t drain your bank account.
- Take screenshots using Acorn and edit them right away.
- Chain together image filters to create stunning effects.
- Layer based image editing, an industry standard.
- Make new images and layers using your built-in iSight.
- Easy image and canvas resizing, just by changing the size of your window.
- Take advantage of every pixel of your monitor with full screen image editing.
- Tablet sensitive for pressure strokes and using the tablet’s eraser.
- Vector shape and text layers.
- Freeform, elliptical, rectangular, and magic wand selections.
- Create and apply custom text styles.
- Control opacity and blending modes for each layer.
- Write plugins using the Python scripting language, as well as in Objective-C.
- GPU powered. The same graphics card that makes your gaming experience smooth, helps Acorn fly through the toughest of graphics operations.
- New menu item in the View ▸ Guides menu to turn on and off snapping to guides.
- If you have a selection, the frame of the selection will now show up in the status bar of your image's window. This is awesome because sometimes it's hard to know if you have a 1x1 pixel selection or not.
- New option to set the image depth when making a new image.
- The Curves window now has a preview toggle button.
- Crop Presets: There is a new option to resize your image to the original crop dimensions when saving a crop preset.
- Raw Import: The raw import window now includes a histogram for your viewing pleasure.
- Raw Import: You can now choose the color profile you want your image to end up in.
- Raw Import: You can now choose the image depth you want your image to end up in.
- Raw Import: You can now more accurately change the width and height of the image that is being opened.
- Raw Import: New option to adjust noise reduction.
- Raw Import: It's faster!
Intel, 64-bit processor
OS X 10.8 or later