Acorn is a new image editor built with one goal in mind – simplicity. Fast, easy, and fluid, Acorn provides the options you’ll need without any overhead. Acorn feels right, and won’t drain your bank account.
- Take screenshots using Acorn and edit them right away.
- Chain together image filters to create stunning effects.
- Layer based image editing, an industry standard.
- Make new images and layers using your built-in iSight.
- Easy image and canvas resizing, just by changing the size of your window.
- Take advantage of every pixel of your monitor with full screen image editing.
- Tablet sensitive for pressure strokes and using the tablet’s eraser.
- Vector shape and text layers.
- Freeform, elliptical, rectangular, and magic wand selections.
- Create and apply custom text styles.
- Control opacity and blending modes for each layer.
- Write plugins using the Python scripting language, as well as in Objective-C.
- GPU powered. The same graphics card that makes your gaming experience smooth, helps Acorn fly through the toughest of graphics operations.
- Fixed a bug where the Save panel would sometimes show a checkbox in the middle of the file listing when you had versions turned on.
- Fixed a bug where the tools palette color well wouldn't update its color if you changed the color of a text box via the font palette.
- Change: When calling a filter via the Filter menu, it is now immediately used for the "Last Filter" menu item instead of waiting for a layer to flatten its filters.
- Fixed a bug where the Grid filter wasn't drawing correctly with some oddball settings.
- Fixed some various color mismatch problems with the brush and Edit ▸ Fill command.
- Fixed a problem where the flood fill tool was using a bad color with images which had their colorspace set to device RGB.
- Fixed a problem where temporary undo files weren't being cleaned up.
- Performance improvements when drawing on a retina display, as well as color space fixes on a retina display.
- Making a magic wand selection is a little bit faster now.
- Fixed some memory leaks when using instant alpha or the magic wand tool.
- Fixed an issue where using the Edit ▸ Font ▸ Bigger / Smaller menu item would cause ranges of bold text in a text area to be lost.
- Fixed an issue where free transform would stop keeping the aspect ratio when resizing with the shift key down.
- Fixed a bug where two point bezier shapes would sometimes loose their stroke width when the image was resized.
- Fixed a bug where the selection cursor was showing a little blurry on retina displays.
- Fixed a color space problem when applying Quartz Composer filters to layers.
- Fixed a bug with the JS scripting environment, where calling array.length() wouldn't work correctly.
- Fixed a bug with auto-levels sometimes moving a layer around a bit.
- Fixed a couple of memory leaks.
- Fixed a problem where the fill window wouldn't always do the right thing when filling a layer with the clipboard contents.
- Fixed a problem where changing the matte color in web export would also change the color of any currently selected text boxes.
- Fixed a problem where duplicating a bitmap layer on a RMBP display would sometimes assign the wrong colorspace to the new layer.
- Fixed a slowdown with the brush tool when drawing in a selection.
- Fixed a bug where dragging an image from Safari to Acorn's doc where the img had an href tag to / would cause Acorn to try and find every single image on your computer and stick it in the Image Browser. Which would take a very, very long time.
- Change: Now putting PNG data on the clipboard when using the Copy Merged command, to help out with other apps that don't bother reading the TIFF data.
- Fix: The zoom cursor will now update correctly when trying to zoom to an area, but you toggle the behavior with the option key (to zoom out vs. zoom in).
- Fixed a bug where changing the opacity or blend mode when multiple layers was selected would only work on a single layer.
- Change: PDF files are now opened up as Untitled documents since Acorn won't ever save them in place (export only). This also fixes a bug where Acorn would save over a PDF file on quit.
- Fixed a bug where the shape corner radius would silently reset to 10 when you flipped the corner radius off and back on again without any shapes selected.
- When adding a new shape layer when a group layer is selected, Acorn will now insert that shape layer into the group (which currently happens with bitmap and group layers).
- Fixed a couple of bugs where the ruler wasn't updating correctly when dragging or creating new shapes.
- Fixed a bug where scaling down text would sometimes clip it.
- Single clicking inside of a selection will now remove it (previously this only happened when clicking outside of a selection).
- Fixed an issue where Acorn would remove any extended attributes when saving a file.
Intel, 64-bit processor
OS X 10.8 or later