Acorn is a new image editor built with one goal in mind – simplicity. Fast, easy, and fluid, Acorn provides the options you’ll need without any overhead. Acorn feels right, and won’t drain your bank account.
- Take screenshots using Acorn and edit them right away.
- Chain together image filters to create stunning effects.
- Layer based image editing, an industry standard.
- Make new images and layers using your built-in iSight.
- Easy image and canvas resizing, just by changing the size of your window.
- Take advantage of every pixel of your monitor with full screen image editing.
- Tablet sensitive for pressure strokes and using the tablet’s eraser.
- Vector shape and text layers.
- Freeform, elliptical, rectangular, and magic wand selections.
- Create and apply custom text styles.
- Control opacity and blending modes for each layer.
- Write plugins using the Python scripting language, as well as in Objective-C.
- GPU powered. The same graphics card that makes your gaming experience smooth, helps Acorn fly through the toughest of graphics operations.
- Fixed a bug where App Store versions of Acorn wouldn't aways correctly save a .acorn file.
- Updated to the latest Vector Boolean sources which fixes some bugs when unioning shapes (Thanks Andy!).
- Fixed a bug where dragging multiple selected layers from the layers list into another canvas wouldn't copy all the layers.
- When selecting a filter preset, you can now hold down the shift key to have it add to any existing filters on the layer.
- Fixed a bug where choosing a filter preset wouldn't update the display when you had a previous filter selected.
- Acorn will no longer throw up a dialog box when using AppleScript to trim and there's no transparent pixels to trim to.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't set the color for a selected range in a text box.
- Fixed a bug where the Levels tool wouldn't work correctly with non-rectangular selections.
- Fixed a bug where the Exclude Paths command didn't always work with overlapping shapes.
- Fixed a bug where the levels histogram wasn't showing up correctly on MacBook Airs.
- Fixed a bug where the color and text palettes would incorrectly appear sometimes when pressing the tab key to unhide all the palettes (direct only).
Intel, 64-bit processor
OS X 10.8 or later