Ableton Live lets you create and record music on your Mac. Use digital instruments, pre-recorded sounds, and sampled loops to arrange, produce, and perform your music like never before. Ableton Live is an all-in-one production suite.
Find your sound
- Start in Arrangement View. Create and edit multitrack recordings in a straightforward linear view.
- Go further in Session View. Switch to this one-of-a-kind interface to improvise and experiment with countless sounds and loops.
- Access an endless palette of sounds. With 5 built-in synths, 3 samplers, 390 drum kits, and 4000 loops, the possibilities are endless.
Improvements and feature changes:
- Added support for the Arturia MiniLab MkII control surface. In order for the script to function correctly, it is recommended to update the Minilab MkII Firmware to the latest version available.
- If a dropdown or context menu was open in Live, pressing CMD+Shift+- on a Mac OS would cause Live to crash.
- The GUI would appear laggy when zooming in audio tracks and moving the zooming hotspot on Windows if the files were being streamed from a hard drive.
- Fixed a bug that caused Live to crash when opening a context menu in a device chain containing no instruments.
- Fixed a bug which prevented changing the text color in Drum Rack return chains to white when the chain's color was dark.
- Fixed a graphical glitch that occurred when hovering over automation segments drawn on top of a waveform. The glitch was visible in Detail View (in both the Arrangement and Session View), and would only appear in automation segments not covering the full track height.
- Disabled audio and MIDI meters were not correctly shown as grayed out in the routing choosers
- When Live's authorization was not successful, the dialog box could erroneously confirm it as successful.
- Fixed a bug which prevented auto updates from working on Windows 10.
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor