1Password is a password manager that uniquely brings you both security and convenience. It is the only program that provides anti-phishing protection and goes beyond password management by adding Web form filling and automatic strong password generation. Your confidential information, including passwords, identities, and credit cards, is kept secure using strong encryption.
1Password fully supports major Web browsers, including Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. All browser extensions share the same encrypted data which means you never need to manually copy your passwords between browsers or from the password manager to a browser ever again!
1Password has received numerous awards, including 5 mice from Macworld magazine, MacLife Editors pick, and was the Pick of Week on MacBreak Weekly by both Leo Laporte and Merlin Mann.
1Password is also available for and syncs with Windows, iOS, and Android.
- 1Password can now be unlocked with your fingerprint on the new Touch ID-capable MacBook Pro.
- Touch Bar support has landed! While using 1Password you will see enhanced controls in the Touch Bar on your new MacBook Pro.
- 1Password has a whole new first-run experience! Setting up 1Password has never been easier.
- You can now scan 1Password Account codes using the FaceTime HD camera on your Mac!
- 1Password can now fill additional text, email, and password fields for items created outside the browser extension.
- 1Password will now ask you to migrate items from your Primary vault to newly added Personal vaults when adding a 1Password.com Account.
- 1Password will now offer to automatically add any 1Password.com account to 1Password for Mac after signing into that account in your web browser.
- Added the ability to copy 1Password Documents across 1Password.com accounts.
- Added a Download Local Copy item to the context menu for Document items.
- Added the ability to manage your 1Password account subscription within the app (AgileBits Store Only).
- Improved filling of credit card expiration dates.
- Updated our translations with the latest from our incredible translators on Crowdin.
- Renamed the Start Over menu item to Reset All 1Password Data.
- 1Password mini's menu width is automatically resized to fit long browser extension names.
- After migrating to a 1Password.com account, the new account vault becomes the default vault for saving.
- Improved the wording in Add Account preferences.
- Improved wording in Accounts Preferences regarding 1Password.com Accounts.
- Improved handling of sync when Folder Syncing to a removable disk.
- Updated to the latest 1Password brain for improved Login saving and form filling.
- 1Password is now better at avoiding "search" and "newsletter" forms when filling.
- 1Password is now better at saving Logins on pages with search fields.
- 1Password is now better at avoiding search fields on Russian and German websites.
- 1Password is now better at handling sneaky password fields on Swedish websites.
- Improved the wording of the macOS authentication prompt.
- We now enter edit mode after converting a Password to a Login.
- Updated the password generator minimum and maximum values.
- Added mechanisms for strengthening communication with 1Password.com.
- Improved the parsing for certain improperly formatted web addresses.
- Improved network efficiency with 1Password.com accounts
- Added a notification to update to the latest 1Password version when features aren't compatible with the 1Password.com Account server.
- Changed naming of Wi-Fi sync to WLAN sync.
- Empty address fields are now hidden when viewing items.
- Updated the way 1Password determines which URLs to match in the extension.
- When merging vaults during sync setup the password hint is no longer truncated if it's too long.
- Removed some potentially offensive words that were present in the word list for our Word-based Strong Password Generator.
- The error message for when 1Password mini is quarantined by the system is now less mysterious.
- Added a hover button and Voice Over support to item attachments.
- Removed several instances where 1Password for Teams or 1Password for Families language was used and replaced with 1Password Account.
- Made numerous improvements to the way text is handled throughout the app to make translation easier.
- Improved Wi-Fi sync error handling.
- Personal and Shared vaults will now display the user or team avatars if they don't have their own avatar.
- Improved the first run experience when using onepassword://team-account links.
- Improved the custom icon display for 1Password.com account items in the main 1Password app.
- Improved the experience when deleting the last 1Password.com account when no local vaults exist.
- Decreased the delay in uploading custom icons for Teams and Families vaults.
- The account details preference pane now shows when you're in trial mode.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor