Infinite Definition. Infinite Canvas. Infinite Possibilities. Sketching, Drawing, and Painting Software for the Mac
A very powerful an easy to use sketching, drawing and painting application developed for both Mac OS X and Windows platforms
Mischief uses a revolutionary new stroke representation. Get the richness of pixel-based brushes AND the scalability of vectors. Zoom in to any size and get a PERFECT edge. Export at ANY size and resolution.
Mischief is a very handy drawing application that allows you to use strokes as vectors in order to create beautiful art.
Mischief allows you to create a sketch of your current project and the start painting, based on it. It also allows you to zoom to see even the tiniest detail and them come back to the original visualization mode.
Each of the available pixels is defined by its color, which you can easily and quickly change, if you want to.
After the painting process is complete, you can save your project and import into any supported application. Mischief’s rendered images are super smooth and the output projects are indeed works of art. Mischief comes with a professional stroke representation that brings you multiple pixel brushes and vector scalability.
Furthermore, Mischief provides you with an infinite canvas, making it much easier to work without being constrained by space.
Based on the power of modern GPUs, Mischief provides you with great performance for each of the available artworks. Despite creating very detailed projects, the size of output files in smaller, when compared to applications like Illustrator and Photoshop. Moreover, Mischief is very easy to use and intuitive, doesn’t require a manual or tutorial and you can easily get right on the job after starting the application. All paper styles, tools, pens and layers can be accessed at any given time from the right side of the window, making it very easy to create beautiful art on a Mac.
• Mischief uses a revolutionary new stroke representation. Get the richness of pixel-based brushes AND the scalability of vectors. Zoom in to any size and get a PERFECT edge. Export at ANY size and resolution.
• Mischief has a truly infinite canvas. Your artwork can grow organically without constraints. There is no need to preset paper sizes or resolutions or to resize the canvas during drawing.
• Mischief handles a zoom range of 50 trillion to one. Create artwork with extraordinary levels of detail or draw a story, within a story, within a story … the possibilities are endless.
No Manual Required
• Get started instantly; just pick up your stylus and draw. Pen and paper styles, tool selection, layers, and all the essentials are right at your finger tips. No complex menus or hidden features.
Small File Sizes
• Mischief files are smaller than comparable Photoshop and Illustrator files. Sharing high resolution artwork has never been so painless.
• Mischief exploits the massive parallelism of today‘s GPUs. Get unprecedented performance even for very complex artwork. Scale, pan, and rotate in real-time without compromising quality.
We’ve added three features from the top of our user request list:
Support for applying free transforms to rectangular selections in-place, allowing you to adjust scale, position, and rotation without redrawing
A cursor option that shows the pen size so you can see the area that will be affected when you draw or erase
An option to have the pen width scale automatically when zooming the canvas, allowing you to achieve consistent line widths when zooming in and out during drawing or inking
For more information on these new features, see our updated users guide.
In addition, we have fixed bugs reported by our users, improved memory use during file saves, and made it possible to install Mischief on PCs that have a modified directory structure.
We are now registered Mac developers; Mischief 1.10 has been code signed and verified by Apple. The new Mac installer uses a standard DMG file, so you can simply drag and drop Mischief into your Applications folder. Mischief 1.10 also has improved support for Retina displays on Mac systems (more info on Retina display support here).
Intel, Mac OS X 10.6.8 or greater.