AirServer is a Mac application that adds AirPlay/AirTunes audio, video, photo and slideshow receiving capabilities to your Mac. With AirServer you can now receive audio, videos, photos or slideshows from any AirPlay compatible application running on your Mac, PC or iOS device.
- Supports doubleTwist +AirTwist add-on; AirPlay from Android devices.
- Plays DRM protected videos using QuickTime on authorized machines.
- Optimizations for iPhone 4S added
- French localization added.
- Fallback to QuickTime on Lion when playing mkv or other unsupported files.
- Skipping songs no longer wakes up the display or interferes with screensaver.
- Video playback now prevents display from dimming.
- Streaming photos keeps the display on.
- Optimized QuickTime interoperability.
- Fixed incorrect version number on Tiger and Leopard.
- Fixed preferences icon on Tiger and Leopard.
- AirServer now uses dynamic ports if standard ports are in use.
Version 3.0.1-3 – October 11, 2011
- Fixed crypto lib crashes on Intel Macs running Leopard.
- Fixed iTunes compatibility issues found on some machines.
- Fixed first photo slide not showing.
- Fixed activation issues.
- Optimized cursor hiding.
Version 3.0 – October 10, 2011
- Enhanced support for iOS 5.
- Added new iOS 5 playlist support.
- Built new video player – QuickTime no longer used on Lion.
- Built new photo and slideshow player with visual effects and music.
- New video player on Lion supports multiple displays, mouse gestures and keyboard shortcuts.
- Added support for both fullscreen and windowed mode.
- New fullscreen mode works with Plex and XBMC in the background.
- Added audio password.
- Added automatic rebroadcast on overloaded networks.
- Added automatic relaunching after crashes.
- Wake on demand (with display) now supported on Lion.
- Fixed iPhone 3GS photo orientation bug.
- Fixed audio streaming related crashes.
- Prevent Mac from going to sleep when streaming videos, music or photos.
- Prevent Screensaver from going off when slideshows or video streaming is in progress.
- Fixed focus and cursor issues after playback finishes.
- Fixed Dual-mode AirPlay for iOS 5.